Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RESPECT - DISCIPLINE - WILL

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Landkist's Past

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Professor Landkist Buroff

Landkist's Past Empty
PostSubject: Landkist's Past   Landkist's Past Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 12:10 pm

I was once a fool…

I had no knowledge of what was to come. Nor did I care. How the knowledge changed me... It will also change you. As you read this, you will come to learn fear as I have. You too, will come to understand, or you will perish. To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind. My life now has purpose. For I have learned the frailty of flesh and bone. I was once a fool…

I was born in the magocratic city-state of Dalaran nearly eighty years ago. My parents were both without ambitions and wanted to live a quite life. I was raise to fellow there path but as soon as I started my training as magi, learning history and many others things, I got something my parents didn’t expect: ambition. At the age of twenty, I was a fully grown man and had a doctorate in History and artifact studies. I climb my way till I reach a position within the Kirin Tor as one of the Twelve Archmagi on the Mage’s Union side at the age of forty five. During those years, I’ve seen the fall of the kingdom of Stormwind at the hands of the orcs who came through the Dark Portal; I’ve known Medivh and took part in the first expedition in Draenor.

But my real life began at the old age of seventy-five. I received a letter from a fisherman in Lordaeron claiming that he found strange ruins on the western coast. As usual, I was to go there myself to make a confirmation of such ruins and come back to Dalaran to bring a team for further investigation. So I teleported myself to Brill and there the fisherman lead me by boat to the location. There were ruins indeed but seem to have emerged from the sea not so long ago due to the seaweeds on the stones. An entrance that seems to go deeper within the mountain was in the middle of it so I decided to go and check.

The temple within the mountain was huge and seems to be prior of the Titans arrival. The air was full of energy, restless energy without focus. At the end of the hallway, I found a huge altar where the energy was coming from. At that moment, a whisper spoke my name. Before I could do anything, the energy fell upon me, making me unable to move. At the altar, three shadows of gigantic beings appear.
“You are here because it is our will”. The voice was nearly mechanical.
“You are here to be the instrument of our vengeance” This voice was female.
“You are here because you wanted to be here” The last voice was deep.
I said nothing. The voices told me that they were trapped deep within the earth by the Titans. The Old Gods… I had found one of the temples of the Old Gods. They told me that the world was about the change and that it was an opportunity for them to go free once more. They wanted me to stay here during what will be called the third war and then go back to the surface to do their biddings. In exchange, they will grant me with more knowledge and powers I cold have dreamed of and also… Immortality.

So I stayed in the temple for five years, feeding on conjured foods and drinks, gain knowledge of the Old Ones. I was always aware of what happened at the surface. The fall of Lordaeron, the madness of Arthas, the destruction of the World Tree and Archimonde. After those five years, the Old Ones allowed me to go back to the surface but not before they perform a little change in me. They turn me into an undead. A more fitting form for the world above.

Once outside, breathing the fresh air of the coast, I was no more the man I was. There was something more, like a hole being opened in my mind, where emptiness had been, new knowledge now seeped inside. Five years have passed since then, and I have learned much. The Old Gods powers filled me, invigorating my dead body. With a touch, I could level buildings, rend the ground asunder, and channel power such as mortal men could only dream. I was once as naďve as a child, but now my mind is sharp. To think, that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality. To see those who dwell behind…I was once a fool.
Back to top Go down

Landkist's Past Empty
PostSubject: Re: Landkist's Past   Landkist's Past Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 12:11 pm

The Nameless One

Merely a week after I came out of the temple, I managed to enter the Apothecarium, a society of undead scientists under the control of Sylvanas herself. My past in Dalaran and my knowledge of artifacts allow me to have my own team of scientists. After some nice discoveries, ones I in fact gave away to the Forsaken, I could turn my attention on more personal researches.

Before allowing me to go back to the surface, the Olds Gods asked me to find a legendary creature that was to be an important part of their liberation: The Nameless. Form the data I had gather, The Nameless first appearance was during the time of the Azj’Aqir. I’ve found a description of the Nameless in a book about the war between the trolls and the Aqir. He was represented like a biped insect, higher than an average troll and was draining the soul of his victim. In fact, this creature seems to have the power to invade the mind or soul of his prey, devouring it from the inside, and gaining the vital strength of the victim and restoring power to his own soul making him virtually immortal. After the defeat of the Aqir against the Gurubashi and Amani empires, the nameless followed the ones that were going south into the desert where the most of them would “evolve” into Qiraji. After that, no mention of him appear until the war of the shifting sands where the Night Elves and the Bronze dragonflight fought against the insectoid race to prevent them to invade the entire world. When the Qiraji was about the lost the war, the Twin Emperors Vek'nilash and Vek'lor, summon the Nameless. To turn the tide of war, they wanted the Nameless to be separated from his body and his soul implanted into a sword and then sends on the back line of the Elves. The goal was that one Elf would want to use the sword and, doing so, the Nameless could invade his mind and destroy the Elves from the back line when the Qiraji would lunch a massive attack at the gates of the Qiraji city. The plan was lunched but the timing was the failure. When the Nameless finally took control of a body, the Elves and the Dragons have sealed the Qiraji behind the scarab walls. All is know is that an elf flees the battlefield into Un’Goro crater and was never seen again. The sword, for the nameless was not really corporeal, became known as the Manslayer of the Qiraji and appears throughout Azerotian history during minor events.

Now my problem was to find that sword. But no real location was known or the identity of the current bearer or vessel. But fate seems to work for me. A member of the Infinitas Fedilitas, a guild of assassins of Sylvanas, Conronne Fallencrest, came in possession of the cursed sword and soon falls under the influence of the Nameless. The sword was getting closer to me but a new problem arose when I read the confidential report of the Baron Soulblighter, leader of the Infinitas. The report was about Fallencrest and his strange behavior, but also the fact that his strength had increase exponentially since the last attempt against Ragnaros himself. It could mean only one thing. That the Nameless absorbed a part of Ragnaros’s essence and also that he was now beyond the level of any mortal. Reading the rest of the report, I saw that the Baron was wishing to learn more about the sword so he could hope to find a way to extract the Nameless from Conronne. And so… he would come to me…

I had passed all the night trying to find a way to indeed extract the soul of the Nameless but also preventing Soulblighter to destroy him. Like I had plan, Soulblighter came to asking for answers. The plan I had think of was risky but it was the only way. I told him to go to the Caverns of Time and to create a rift in time with the artifact I gave him, and then draw the Nameless close enough to the rift so his powers would be drain making him vulnerable. I add that a warlock would be necessary to extract the soul out of Fallencrest. If the Bronze Dragons found that someone is playing with Time, the consequences would have been disastrous. And as strange as it seem, my plan worked. Soulblighter came back, two days after our conversation, to the Queen with an unusually large soulshard. Sylvanas ordered that shard to be place into a special vault deep under to city where is powers would not be able to reach anything. Unable to reach the shard now, I decided to search for the advices of the Olds Gods, back into the Undersea Temple.
Back to top Go down

Landkist's Past
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Archives-
Jump to: